The regional project: “Promoting peaceful coexistence in the COVID-19 response for migrants, refugees and other vulnerable populations in Central America and the Caribbean”. The geographic focus of the Action is Central America and the Caribbean, particularly El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, and Haiti.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office the National Project Officer will emphasize its efforts in coordination with the Regional Office (RO), and in collaboration with COM´s in all scope countries. In detail, the National Project Officer will be responsible of accomplish the following tasks:
In particular, he/she will:
1. In coordination with the Regional Project Coordinator, monitor compliance with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the project related to the areas of administration, finance and human resources.
2. Maintain regular liaison with international, governmental and non-governmental partners, and advise the Programme Country Offices on partner and donor priorities, resource mobilization, preferences and regional synergies in the field of migration.
3. Coordinate the effective implementation of the project in coordination with IOM missions in the region and Regional Office, by monitoring the political, administrative and financial aspects.
4. Ensure the accurate monitoring and regular reporting to the Officer in Charge or Head of Office and donor of the Project´s compliance with the objectives set in project documents, M&E frameworks and work plans, and ensure overall compliance with donors’ contractual requirements, interests and expectations.
5. In coordination with field-based project staff, organize and undertake periodic field visits (whenever possible) to relevant project implementation sites to monitor potential change in project contexts, assess potential risks and work to facilitate the implementation of the recommendations from project monitoring reports.
6. Provide highlights to communicational officers for the regional office regarding main activities, publications, internal communications and other reports.
7. Coordinate processing, endorsement and submissions of project proposals, donor reports, partner agreements (Service Agreements, MoUs, LoAs and other types of contracts) and any other relevant documents, in line with specific internal requirements and procedures.
8. Provide weekly briefings to the Head of Office and donor on programme developments as well as on relevant national and regional developments that may have an impact on the work of IOM.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
*Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for the appointment.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station.
How to apply:
Please only respond to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your
CV and interest letter, by the October 22nd, 2021
From 21.09.2021 to 22.10.2021.
*Las personas que ya presentaron una aplicación no será necesario aplicar nuevamente.