General Function: Under the general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) Unit at HQ and reporting directly to the regional VAC Team Leader programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre in Managua, operated by IOM; particularly s/he will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that all conditions in the services agreement signed between IOM and the Government of Canada are adhered to by the staff under his/her daily supervision;
- Be responsible for the beginning and end of day, daily reconciliation of all files, documents and fees along with meeting all VAC reporting requirements for both IOM and CIC;
- Supervise, lead and build capacity of the VAC Team in order to implement VAC operations efficiently and effectively ensuring accurate and efficient use of the application tracking system by staff;
- Provision of Client Information: oversee the timely distribution of the most up to date application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; monitoring telephone and email inquiries designate VAC staff received from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport); providing guidance for staff with regard to CIC’s visa application requirements, ensuring orderly operation of Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry Services and keeping up to date on any changes to visa requirements;
- Receipt of Applications: oversee the provision of the correct information on proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents as required; streamline arrangements for receipt of applications from select agents; record, dispatch to and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
Keep reading TOR